In many instances, the selection of the most suitable battery for a particular application can be a very complex calculation that can only be performed by the end user as a number of the factors relating to life cycle cost are outside the control of the battery supplier maintenance.
Basically there are three main categories of rechargeable batteries available:
Automotive batteries are used to supply primary power to start engines on cars, boats and other vehicles. They provide a short burst of high current to get the engine started.
Portable Batteries are designed to power portable equipment such as consumer products and tools such as drills, mobile phones, laptop computers and so on.
Standby/ Industrial Batteries these are designed to permanently connect in parallel with a critical load and a rectifier system where the rectifier/charger forms the primary source of power for the load and the battery provides the secondary source in the event of a primary source failure.
What are the important factors in choosing automotive batteries?
- Size: It’s better to refer to refer your car manufacturer’s manual to know your car’s specific battery group size. You may also consult the reference guides, which battery retailers provide, find out the appropriate battery size for your car.
- Brand: Buying the battery brand specified in your owner manual is the best way. But if that particular brand is too expensive and you want o do some cost-cutting follow the specification requirement also found in the owner’s manual. Do not be tempted to buy the cheapest brand, it could turn as the most expensive battery you’ve ever brought.
- Reserve capacity: Reserve battery is the amount of minutes the battery can continuously supply minimum voltage needed to run a car should the car’s alternator or fan belt fail. With an excellent reserve capacity rating, your car can run on the battery alone when the alternator stops working.
- Age: The age of the battery gives you an idea on how long it should be able to perform. A battery is considered fresh, if it is less than 6 months old.
- Cold-Cranking amps: Cold Cranking amps (CCA) measure the battery’s ability to start your car even on an extremely cold weather. During freezing condition, your car will be hard to start because the car’s engine oil thickens and chemical reactions, in turn slow down.
On newer cars you must generally fit a battery that closely resembles the original, at least in physical size or you may be buying yourself endless grief, modern batteries are different sizes, have different terminals, have the terminals in different places, and so on. Most parts stores have battery catalogues that will quickly tell you what type of battery you should be fitting. However specialist battery stores are often better because they probably stock several different makes of batteries, so you can choose the battery with the best guarantee at the best price.
Exposure to health is the primary health concern in battery manufacturing, any operation in which battery plates, lead, scrap or oxide is handled may be a significant source of lead exposure.
GP Battery Industries private limited is one of the fastest growing automotive battery manufacturers in South East Asia. We offer the best quality products and services conforming to international standards at affordable prices as per the committed delivery schedule.